As of January 11, 2021
RE: Health Practices and Guidance at Little Hawkeye Conference Athletic Events
Attendance at all Little Hawkeye Conference games will be increased for the home teams going forward.
COVID-19 continues to be an ongoing concern across the State of Iowa. The Little Hawkeye Conference is taking aggressive measures to try to slow the spread of the virus. The following is a list of restrictions pertinent to interscholastic competitions and events for Dallas Center-Grimes, Grinnell, Indianola, Newton, Norwalk, Oskaloosa, Pella and Pella Christian.
- The LHC will grant admission to all household members plus individuals (school discretion) for all home fans per participant. Household members will be listed at the entry gate. Vouchers will no longer be used.
- Visiting fans will be limited to immediate household members -OR- two individuals to be checked in at the admissions gate. Household members will be listed at the entry gate. Vouchers will no longer be used.
- Lower-level and middle school attendance will be a local decision based on gym size at each school.
- Each school will determine the number of students who are able to attend events at home. Visiting teams will not have a student section. Students will only be able to attend on the road if they are a participant, a household member or if they are checked in with another individual.
- Admission will be $5.00 for everyone ages Kindergarten through adult. Activity passes will be accepted.
- Cheerleaders and dance teams will be permitted. Those participants will list household members as well. Pep bands will not be in attendance and will not perform.
- A six-foot distance must be maintained between non-family groups at all times. This includes cheerleaders and dance team members.
- All visitors who attend the athletic contests must be properly masked at all times.
- No outside food or drink will be permitted in our school buildings as concession stands will be open for operation.
- All Little Hawkeye Conference varsity contests will be live-streamed.
These guidelines will remain in place until further notice.